ADO.Net Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and Experience Part-2
The DataAdapter.Update() method calls any of the DML statements, such as the UPDATE, INSERT, or DELETEstatements, as the case may be to update, insert, or delete a row in a DataSet. TheDataSet.Acceptchanges() method reflects all the changes made to the row since the last time theAcceptChanges() method was called.
8. What is the meaning of object pooling?
Object pooling is a concept of storing a pool (group) of objects in memory that can be reused later as needed. Whenever, a new object is required to create, an object from the pool can be allocated for this request; thereby, minimizing the object creation. A pool can also refer to a group of connections and threads. Pooling, therefore, helps in minimizing the use of system resources, improves system scalability, and performance.
9. Which properties are used to bind a DataGridView control?
The DataSource property and the DataMember property are used to bind a DataGridView control.
10. What property must be set and what method must be called in your code to bind the data from some data source to the Repeater control?
You must set the DataSource property and call the DataBind() method.
11. Mention the namespace that is used to include .NET Data Provider for SQL server in .NET code.
The System.Data.SqlClient namespace.
12. What is the difference between OLEDB Provider and SqlClient?
With respect to usage, there is no difference between OLEDB Provider and SqlClient. The difference lies in their performance. SqlClient is explicitly used to connect your application to SQL server directly, OLEDB Provider is generic for various databases, such as Oracle and Access including SQL Server.
Therefore, there will be an overhead which leads to performance degradation.