Advanced Java Interview Questions and Answers For Freshers and Experience Part-4
Order of precedence determines the order in which operators are evaluated in expressions.
Associatity determines whether an expression is evaluated left-to-right or right-to-left.
38. When a thread blocks on I/O, what state does it enter?
A thread enters the waiting state when it blocks on I/O.
39. To what value is a variable of the String type automatically initialized?
The default value of an String type is null.
40. What is the catch or declare rule for method declarations?
If a checked exception may be thrown within the body of a method, the method must either catch the exception or declare it in its throws clause.
41. What is the difference between a MenuItem and a CheckboxMenuItem?
The CheckboxMenuItem class extends the MenuItem class to support a menu item that may be checked or unchecked.
42. What is a task’s priority and how is it used in scheduling?
A task’s priority is an integer value that identifies the relative order in which it should be executed with respect to other tasks. The scheduler attempts to schedule higher priority tasks before lower priority tasks.
43. What class is the top of the AWT event hierarchy?
The java.awt.AWTEvent class is the highest-level class in the AWT event-class hierarchy.
44. When a thread is created and started, what is its initial state?
A thread is in the ready state after it has been created and started.
45. Can an anonymous class be declared as implementing an interface and extending a class?
An anonymous class may implement an interface or extend a superclass, but may not be declared to do both.
46. What is the immediate superclass of Menu?
47. What is the purpose of finalization?
The purpose of finalization is to give an unreachable object the opportunity to perform any cleanup processing before the object is garbage collected.
48. Which class is the immediate superclass of the MenuComponent class?
49. What invokes a thread’s run() method?
After a thread is started, via its start() method or that of the Thread class, the JVM invokes the thread’srun() method when the thread is initially executed.
50. What is the difference between the Boolean & operator and the && operator?
If an expression involving the Boolean & operator is evaluated, both operands are evaluated. Then the &operator is applied to the operand. When an expression involving the && operator is evaluated, the first operand is evaluated.
If the first operand returns a value of true then the second operand is evaluated. The && operator is then applied to the first and second operands. If the first operand evaluates to false, the evaluation of the second operand is skipped.
51. Name three subclasses of the Component class.
Box.Filler, Button, Canvas, Checkbox, Choice, Container, Label, List, Scrollbar, or TextComponent.
52. What is the GregorianCalendar class?
The GregorianCalendar class provides support for traditional Western calendars.
53. Which Container method is used to cause a container to be laid out and redisplayed?
validate() method is used to cause a container to be laid out and redisplayed.
54. What is the purpose of the Runtime class?
The purpose of the Runtime class is to provide access to the Java runtime system.