Difference Between Declarative and Programmatic Customization in the Salesforce Cloud
- With Force.com, developers can customize declaratively or programmatically.
– Declarative customizations can be made point and click in a browser.
– Programmatic customizations are made with code.
- Declarative customizations require an understanding of Force.com concepts, but no coding knowledge.
- Programmatic customizations require coding skills and allow developers to extend beyond the declarative Salesforce.com capabilities
Advantages of declarative customizations:
Ease of development
– More visual
Ease of upgrades
Ease of maintenance
Does not require programmatic skill set
Advantages of programmatic customizations:
Can extend the capabilities of an application beyond standard functionality