12. A man spends half of his salary on household expenses, 1/4th for rent, 1/5th for travel expenses, the man deposits the rest in a bank. If his monthly deposits in the bank amount 50, what is his monthly salary ?
(d) Rs. 900
13. A puts a share of 1/3, B puts a share of 1/2, and the remaining share is
put by c, and start a business their total profit is Rs 4800, what is the share of A?
14. 15 men take 21 days of 8 hrs. each to do a piece of work. How many days of 6 hrs. each would it take for 21 women if 3 women do as much work as 2 men?
15. The difference b/w the compound interest payble half yearly and the simple interest on a certain sum lent out at 10% p.a for 1 year is Rs 25. What is the sum?
(a) Rs. 15000
(b) Rs. 12000
(c) Rs. 10000
(d) none of these
16. what does the hexanumber E78 in radix 7.
17. Q is not equal to zero and k = (Q x n – s)/2 find n?
(a) (2 x k + s)/Q
(b) (2 x s x k)/Q
(c) (2 x k – s)/Q
(d) (2 x k + s x Q)/Q (e) (k + s)/Q
18. How many mashes are there in 1 squrare meter of wire gauge if each mesh
is 8mm long and 5mm wide ?
19. What is the smallest number by which 2880 must be divided in order to make it into a
perfect square ?
20. A cylinder is 6 cms in diameter and 6 cms in height. If spheres of the same size are made from the material obtained, what is the diameter of each sphere?
(a) 5 cms
(b) 2 cms
(c) 3 cms
(d) 4 cms