Multi-Currency in Salesforce.com
- Basically the multi-currency feature is not available in your organization on salesforce. We have to log a case or contact salesforce support team for activate the multi-currency feature on your organization.
- This request can only be made by a System Administrator
- Prior to converting your organization to multi-currency, some aspects of this feature that should be reviewed.
- The Multi-Currency functionality CANNOT be turned off once it is activated. Salesforce.com support team also recommends testing the activation in a Sandbox environment.
- The process locks the org when turning on Multi Currency (preventing users from logging in), this can take 30 minutes or more depending on the size of the organization.
- After activate this feature on your organization, you will have a standard field called “CurrencyIsoCode” as picklist in ont only standard objects but also in custom objects
- And You will have a place to manage your currencies in following path;
Your Name–>Setup–>Administration Setup–>Company Profile–>Manage Currencies
- In there, you can define all the currencies used by your organization.
- Corporate Currency should be set to the currency in which your corporate headquarters reports revenue. If you designate a different currency as corporate, all conversion rates will be modified to reflect the change.
- Any currency type created by you, CANNOT be deleted but can be deactivated.