Tuple is a fixed-size collection that can have elements of either same or different data types. Similar to arrays, a user must have to specify the size of a tuple at the time of declaration. Tuples are allowed to hold up from 1 to 8 elements and if there are more than 8 elements, then the 8th element can be defined as another tuple. Tuples can be specified as parameter or return type of a method.
12. What is the full form of ADO?
The full form of ADO is ActiveX Data Object.
13. What are the two fundamental objects in ADO.NET?
DataReader and DataSet are the two fundamental objects in ADO.NET.
14. What is the meaning of object pooling?
Object pooling is a concept of storing a pool (group) of objects in memory that can be reused later as needed. Whenever, a new object is required to create, an object from the pool can be allocated for this request; thereby, minimizing the object creation. A pool can also refer to a group of connections and threads. Pooling, therefore, helps in minimizing the use of system resources, improves system scalability, and performance.
15. Mention the namespace that is used to include .NET Data Provider for SQL server in .NET code.
The System.Data.SqlClient namespace.
16. Which architecture does Datasets follow?
Datasets follow the disconnected data architecture.
17. What is the role of the DataSet object in ADO.NET?
One of the major component of ADO.NET is the DataSet object, which always remains disconnected from the database and reduces the load on the database.
18. Which property is used to check whether a DataReader is closed or opened?
The IsClosed property is used to check whether a DataReader is closed or opened. This property returns a true value if a Data Reader is closed, otherwise a false value is returned.
19. Name the method that needs to be invoked on the DataAdapter control to fill the generated DataSet with data?
The Fill() method is used to fill the dataset with data.
20. What are the pre-requisites for connection pooling?
There must be multiple processes to share the same connection describing the same parameters and security settings. The connection string must be identical.