25. How do you retrieve the customized properties of a .NET application from the XML .config file?
Initialize an instance of the AppSettingsReader class. Call the GetValue() method of theAppSettingsReader class, passing in the name of the property and the type expected. Finally, assign the result to the appropriate variable.
26. What is the difference between a toolstrip drop-down button and a toolstrip split button?
The difference between a toolstrip drop-down button and a toolstrip split button is that a toolstrip split button is a combination of two controls – a push button and a drop-down button; whereas, a toolstrip drop-down button is a single control.
27. Which event of a TextBox control helps in restricting a text box from accepting numeric digits in .NET 4.0?
The KeyPress event of a text box is used to restrict it from accepting numeric digits or any other character.
28. How would you create an ellipse, which is a non- rectangular window?
Open a new Windows form, which is by default rectangular in design and then set the TransparencyKeyproperty to the same value as BackColor, which will effectively make the background of the form transparent. Then, set the FormBorderStyle property to FormBorderStyle.None, which removes the contour and contents of the form.
29. What does the Checked property of the DateTimePicker control do?
The Checked property holds either true or false value. It holds true, when the Value property hold a valid date-time value and is updatable; otherwise, false.
30. Name the classes used to handle standard menu in a MenuStrip control.
The two main classes used to handle standard menu in a MenuStrip control are:
MenuStrip – Acts as a container for the menu structure of a form.
ToolStripMenuItem – Supports the items in a menu system (including the menus, such as File and Edit).