PHP Interview questions and Answers For Graduates Part-3
You can encrypt a password with the following Mysql>SET PASSWORD=PASSWORD(“Password”);
We can encode data using base64_encode($string) and can decode using base64_decode($string);
22. What is the difference between explode and split?
Split function splits string into array by regular expression. Explode splits a string into array by string.
For Example:explode(” and”, “India and Pakistan and Srilanka”);
split(” :”, “India : Pakistan : Srilanka”);
Both of these functions will return an array that contains India, Pakistan, and Srilanka.
23. How do you define a constant?
Constants in PHP are defined using define() directive, like define(“MYCONSTANT”, 100);
24. How do you pass a variable by value in PHP?
Just like in C++, put an ampersand in front of it, like $a = &$b;
25. What does a special set of tags <?= and ?> do in PHP?
The output is displayed directly to the browser.
26. How do you call a constructor for a parent class?
27. What’s the special meaning of __sleep and __wakeup?
__sleep returns the array of all the variables than need to be saved, while __wakeup retrieves them.
29. What is the difference between the functions unlink and unset?
unlink() deletes the given file from the file system.
unset() makes a variable undefined.
30. How many ways can we get the value of current session id?
session_id() returns the session id for the current session.