Sales force Deployment Tool Change Set:
Given below are the advantage and limitation of the Change set tools which are used in code and configuration changes deployment from Sandbox to Production.
- The change set remains active in organization for a period of time allowing for an audit of changes (beyond the setup audit trail). This functionality is in Sales force setup.
- Change set can be include almost anything for example classes, pages, reports, objects, page layouts, record types, email templates etc.
- Easy to deploy sandbox to production.
- Authorize deployment connection.
- Create outbound change set in sandbox environment.
- Upload from Sandbox environment.
- Review inbound change and deploy in production.
- Lookup filter, labels, new picklist values, custom setting & labels are not available for deployments.
- When creating new profiles first have to create a new profile (created in prod) and than add it to change set and avoid issues on profile based field dependency and page layout assignments.
- Time based workflow trigger actions cannot be migrated.
- When migrating workflows, you need to manually select the workflow rule and its actions separately.
- No option of refreshing the change sets tool.
- Not all metadata is supported in the metadata API which means some manual changes may need to be made in the production org.
- To enable the distributed administrator to the upload a change set, you need to give them full rights in that sandbox, including the ability to manage users or modify all data.