Salesforce Knowledge Base User Role and Permission
Salesforce knowledge is power product and It serves as a single repository for storing your organizational knowledge.
A Salesforce knowledge base referred to as Salesforce Knowledge, Its is built from knowledge articles, which contains Frequently asked questions, Instructional steps, guidelines to providing excellent customer care support.
Using Salesforce Knowledge support agents can perform the following activities:
- Search for articles
- Refine the results with filters, or data categories
- Review each article’s title, summary, and properties
- Depending on article permissions, edit, publish, archive, delete, follow, attach to case, or send as a PDF
- Sort results
- View statistic reporting
- Create an article when the answer is not in the knowledge base
Salesforce Article Permission for the User Role
Readers – Read Article Action Permission
Contributors – Manage Article permission and Read, Create, and Edit Article Actions
Managers – Manage Article permission and Read, Create, Edit, and Delete Article Actions
How to Enable Salesforce Knowledge User License in Salesforce?
From Setup -> click Manage Users -> From Users List -> Click Edit next to your user name -> Select the Knowledge User checkbox -> Click Save.
How to Enable Salesforce Knowledge?
From Setup -> type Knowledge into the Quick Find box -> Click Knowledge Settings. Read the information on enabling Salesforce Knowledge in your org. Check Yes, I understand the impact of enabling Salesforce Knowledge. Click Enable Salesforce Knowledge.
Salesforce Knowledge Article Types is not visible in Setup (Salesforce Classic)
Once enabled ‘Lightning Knowledge’, it will change your data model from Article Types to Record Types, and removes the references to Article Types. https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=knowledge_lightning_limitations.htm&language=en_US&type=0
NOTE: Enabling Lightning Knowledge changes your salesforce org’s data model to use record types rather than article types.
To move from Classic Knowledge to Lightning Knowledge, use the Lightning Knowledge Migration Tool (Beta). Before running the migration tool in your production org, update and fully verify your apps, customizations, and data migration in a latest full-copy sandbox org. After you enable Lightning Knowledge, you can’t disable it.
Salesforce Knowledge Limitations & Considerations: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=knowledge_lightning_limitations.htm&type=0
To Learn Salesforce Knowledge Base from Trailhead Modules
- Knowledge Basics for Lightning Experience – https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/modules/lightning-knowledge-basics
- Knowledge Basics for Salesforce Classic – https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/modules/knowledge_essentials
- Knowledge Search Basics – https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/modules/knowledge_search_basics
- Build a Community with Knowledge and Chat – https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/projects/build-a-community-with-knowledge-and-chat
- Desk.com Support Center – https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/modules/desk_com_support_center