1. User Interface can be private (internal Salesforce users) or public. Public
interfaces are provided to anonymous users using Sites – any one could
access a website built on Sites without having a Salesforce login.
2. If Sites is licensed, the functionality of Sites is available at Develop–>Sites.
3. A sites user has a unique domain name. One domain name can be used to
support multiple websites. Example domain name could be –
http://ap1.mydomain.salesforce.com/siteName . The domain name must
be unique among all site users and can represent the organization’s name.
4. Creation of sites requires specifying fields like Site label, Site Name, Site
contact, Default web address, active site home page, inactive site home
5. Once an organization has registered a domain name with a domain name
registrar, it can point the url to sites url.
6. Site template is a VisualForce page that defines the default look-and-feel of
the sites page.