Web Services Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and Experience Part-1
1. What are Windows services?
Windows services, previously known as NT services, are applications that are installed on the system as system services. In other words, Windows services are applications that run in the background with the Windows operating system. The primary use of Windows services is to reduce the consumption of memory required for performing backend operations. Let’s take an example to understand this easily. Suppose you want to perform a variety of functions, such as monitor the performance of your computer or application, check the status of an application, and manage various devices, such as printers.
In such a case, you can use Windows services to reduce memory consumption. In addition, Windows services can run on your system even if you have not logged on to your computer. In addition, these services do not have any user interface.
2. Can you share a process between Windows services?
Yes, you can share a process between Windows services.
3. In .NET, which is the parent class to create all Windows services?
The ServiceBase class is the parent class to create all Windows services.
4. Which class in .NET is used to install a Windows service?
The ServiceInstaller class, also known as the project installer class, is used to install a Windows service.
5. While installing a Windows service, an EventLogInstaller class is automatically created to install the event log related to the particular service. Is it true?
Yes, it is true.
6. Which property of the ServiceBase class can be used to specify whether a service can be paused and resumed?
The CanPauseAndContinue property provides such type of service.