SFDC Interview Question and Answer Part – 9
(81). What is a Solution?
– An answer to a common question or problem
– Enables Customer Support users get up to speed quickly
– Enables Support teams to answer questions quickly and consistently
– Customers search for and browse published Solutions to selfassist
– Content-Rich Solutions are an enhancement to the Solution Object which allows solution writers to integrate rich text and
images into their solutions to completely solve a problem
What is a Category?
– Mechanism to organize Solutions
– Solutions may be associated to one or more Categories
– Categories make up a Solution Category tree structure
What are Suggested Solutions?
– The suggested solutions feature displays up to ten relevant solutions that may help users and customers solve a particular case from the case detail page and the Self-Service portal.
• Suggested Solutions can be enabled for the following:
Self Service Portal
Case auto-response rules and emails
(82). What is the Self-Service Portal?
– Authenticated portal
– Provides 24/7 online support
– Contains Public Knowledge Base, Suggested Solutions and Web-to-Case functionality
(83). What is the AppExchange?
– A Website Owned and Operated by salesforce.com
– Enables Partners and Customers to Download & Install
• Custom Apps
– Dashboards, Reports,
– Documents, Profiles,
– Public & Private Sharing
– Free to Post and Download
• Partners May Charge for Services
(84). Difference between Force.com IDE and Sandbox?
The Force.com IDE is a powerful client application for creating, modifying, testing and deploying Force.com applications. Based on the Eclipse platform, it provides a comfortable environment for programmers familiar with integrated development environments, allowing you to code, compile, test, and deploy all from within the IDE itself.
|The salesforce.com Sandbox environment is an exact copy of your salesforce.com instance.||Developer Edition was an edition created for development of integrations and apps, specifically for the AppExchange.|
|You can copy your live instance to a sandbox environment.||You have to perform manually from sandbox to developer edition.|
|You can either copy your configuration and data into a sandbox environment or just the configuration.||You cannot copy your configuration or data onto the Developer Edition, but you can customize it to match your instance’s look and feel.|
(85). What is Roll up summary field in Salesforce?
Roll up summary field in salesforce calculates the Count, Sum, Min or Max of particular field of any child record. Thus, we can say that Roll up summary field can only be created on Master object.
(86). How many types of the relationship fields available in Salesforce?
There are Four types of the Relationship fields available in Salesforce
1. Master Detail
2. Many to Many
4. Hierarchical (It is only available on User Object, we cannot create this relationship to other SFDC Objects)
(87). What will happen if the Account is deleted?
If the Account is deleted then Contact, Opportunity will also be deleted from Salesforce.
Contact and Opportunity are related to that Account.
(88). What are the types of email templates available in salesforce.com?
2. HTML with Letter Head
3. Custom HTML
4. Visual force
You can create four different types of email templates:
1) Text – All users can create or change text email templates. See Creating Text Email Templates.
2) HTML with letterhead – Administrators and users with the “Edit HTML Templates” permission can create HTML email templates based on a letterhead. See Creating HTML Email Templates.
3) Custom HTML – Administrators and users with the “Edit HTML Templates” permission can create custom HTML email templates without using a letterhead. You must either know HTML or obtain the HTML code to insert in your email template. See Creating Custom HTML Email Templates.
4) Visualforce – Administrators and developers can create templates using Visualforce. Visualforce email templates allow for advanced merging with a recipient’s data, where the content of a template can contain information from multiple records, see Creating Visualforce Email Templates.
(89).Sequence of Salesforce Triggers and Order of Execution
The following is the order of salesforce execution when the you create or update a record,
1) Loads the original record from the database or initializes the record for an upsert statement.
2) Loads the new record field values from the request and overwrites the old values.
If the request came from a standard UI edit page, Salesforce runs system validation to check the record for:
Required values at the layout level and field-definition level
Valid field formats (ex: zip code, country code format)
Maximum field length (ex: mobile number must 10 digits)
Salesforce doesn’t perform system validation in this step when the request comes from other sources, such as an Apex application or a SOAP API call.
3) Run all before triggers.
4) Runs most system validation steps again, such as verifying that all required fields have a non-null value, and runs any user-defined validation rules. The only system validation that Salesforce doesn’t run a second time (when the request comes from a standard UI edit page) is the enforcement of layout-specific rules.
5) Saves the record to the database, but doesn’t commit yet.
6) Run all after triggers.
7) Run assignment rules.
8) Run auto-response rules.
9) Run workflow rules.
10) If there are workflow field updates, updates the record again.
11) If the record was updated with workflow field updates, fires before and after triggers one more time (and only one more time), in addition to standard validations. Custom validation rules are not run again.
12) Run escalation rules.
13) If the record contains a roll-up summary field or is part of a cross-object workflow, performs calculations and updates the roll-up summary field in the parent record. Parent record goes through save procedure.
14) If the parent record is updated, and a grand-parent record contains a roll-up summary field or is part of a cross-object workflow, performs calculations and updates the roll-up summary field in the parent record. Grand-parent record goes through save procedure.
15) Run Criteria Based Sharing evaluation.
16) Commits all DML operations to the database.
17) Run post-commit logic, such as sending email.
(90). How to delete the User from Salesforce?
salesforce does not allow to delete any user, however you can deactivate the users.
You can delete delete the Users Data using Mass Delete Record
Setup-> Administration Setup-> Data Management-> Mass Delete Record, from there select the objects like Account, Contact, Cases, Opportunity, Product etc and in criteria select the users name and delete all records of that user related data in the curresponding object.