Trusted IP Ranges in Salesforce
Trusted IP Ranges in Salesforce:
- Trusted IP Range feature provides a second level of authentication when logging in to Salesforce.
- The list is pre-populated with the addresses from which a user has historically logged in:
– All IP addresses known to be associated with Salesforce are included (22.214.171.124 – 126.96.36.199).
– All IP addresses known to have been used by phishers are filtered out.
- This feature is automatically enabled if IP Range Restrictions are not being provided:
– Option 1: Add Trusted IP Ranges for your entire org.
– Option 2: Add Trusted IP Ranges on a Profile by Profile basis.
When accessing Salesforce via client tools (which use the Web Services API):
Log in to Salesforce with your credentials.
In the Salesforce UI, click Your Name | Setup | Manage Users | Users | Admin User.
- Look at the Login History related list and note the IP address. Click Your Name | Setup | Administration Setup | Security Controls | Network Access | New
- Add this IP address to the Trusted IP Range.
Now you can log in through the Data Loader or other API tools.