When to Use Data Loader and Import Wizard in Salesforce
When to Use Data Loader and Import Wizard in Salesforce?
Data Loader is Available in following Editions
Enterprise, Unlimited, Developer, and Database.com Editions
When to Use Data Loader:
- You need to load 50,000 to 5,000,000 records. Data Loader is supported for loads of up to 5 million records.
- You need to load into an object that is not yet supported by the import wizards.
- You want to schedule regular data loads, such as nightly imports.
- You want to export your data for backup purposes.
When to Use the import wizards:
- You are loading less than 50,000 records.
- You can load the Accounts, Contact, Leads, Solutions and Custom Objects. To see the following path, click Your Name | Setup | Data Management.