When to Use Data Loader and Import Wizard in Salesforce?
Data Loader is Available in following Editions
Enterprise, Unlimited, Developer, and Database.com Editions
When to Use Data Loader:
- You need to load 50,000 to 5,000,000 records. Data Loader is supported for loads of up to 5 million records.
- You need to load into an object that is not yet supported by the import wizards.
- You want to schedule regular data loads, such as nightly imports.
- You want to export your data for backup purposes.
When to Use the import wizards:
- You are loading less than 50,000 records.
- You can load the Accounts, Contact, Leads, Solutions and Custom Objects. To see the following path, click Your Name | Setup | Data Management.