How To Enable And Disable Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) in Windows XP
Enable to WZC:
- Go to Start and click Run.
- On the Open field, type services.msc and click OK.
- On the Services window, scroll down and double-click Wireless Zero Configuration to open its properties window.
- On the Wireless Zero Configuration Properties window, make sure the Startup Type field is Automatic and Services status is Started. If not, change the settings, hit Apply and click OK.
- Go to Start, select Control Panel, and double-click Network Connections.
- On Network Connections window, right-click your Local Area Connection (wireless) and select Properties.
- On the Local Area Connection Properties window, select Wireless Networks tab, put a check mark on Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings, and click OK.
- On the Network Connections window again, right-click on your Local Area Connection (wireless) and select View Available Wireless Networks.
- Select your wireless network from the list and click Connect.
- If wireless network is secured, enter the Network key and click Connect.
Disable to WZC:
- Start -> Run (or Windows key+R)
- Type in services.msc then Click the OK button
- Scroll down towards bottom of list and select Wireless Zero Configuration
- Select Action -> Propertiesfrom menu.You now have the option to Start/Stop service.
You can also change the Startup Type from Automatic to Manual.
- Click OK to apply settings