The stop(), suspend() and resume() methods have been deprecated in JDK 1.2.
8. Is null a keyword?
The null is not a keyword.
9. What is the preferred size of a component?
The preferred size of a component is the minimum component size that will allow the component to display normally.
10. What method is used to specify a container’s layout?
The setLayout() method is used to specify a container’s layout.
11. Which containers use a FlowLayout as their default layout?
The Panel and Applet classes use the FlowLayout as their default layout.
12. What state does a thread enter when it terminates its processing?
When a thread terminates its processing, it enters the dead state.
13. What is the Collections API?
The Collections API is a set of classes and interfaces that support operations on collections of objects.
14. Which characters may be used as the second character of an identifier, but not as the first character of an identifier?
The digits 0 through 9 may not be used as the first character of an identifier but they may be used after the first character of an identifier.
15. What is the List interface?
The List interface provides support for ordered collections of objects.
16. How does Java handle integer overflows and underflows?
It uses those low order bytes of the result that can fit into the size of the type allowed by the operation.
17. What is the Vector class?
The Vector class provides the capability to implement a growable array of objects
18. What modifiers may be used with an inner class that is a member of an outer class?
A (non-local) inner class may be declared as public, protected, private, static, final, or abstract.
19. What is an Iterator interface?
The Iterator interface is used to step through the elements of a Collection.
20. What is the difference between the >> and >>> operators?
The >> operator carries the sign bit when shifting right. The >>> zero-fills bits that have been shifted out.
21. Which method of the Component class is used to set the position and size of a component?
setBounds() method is used to set the position and size of a component.
22. What is the difference between yielding and sleeping?
When a task invokes its yield() method, it returns to the ready state. When a task invokes its sleep()method, it returns to the waiting state.
23. Which java.util classes and interfaces support event handling?
The EventObject class and the EventListener interface support event processing.
24. Is sizeof a keyword?
The sizeof operator is not a keyword.