19. What does the portType element of a WSDL document contain?
The portType element contains the operations exposed by the Web service, and the messages involved in the communication between the Web service and its consumers.
20. What is DISCO?
DISCO is a technology developed by Microsoft to publish and discover Web services. It discovers URLs of all XML Web services located on a Web server and creates a list of these Web services in a file called as a DISCO file.
21. Which two methods are used to discover the URL of Web services?
The two methods to discover the URL of Web services are Web service discovery tool (Disco.exe) and UDDI.
22. Which step is necessary to perform before a Web service can be consumed?
It is necessary to build a proxy class by using the wsdl.exe utility before a Web service can be consumed.
23. Which property of the WebMethod attribute allows you to maintain the state of objects across sessions in a Web method?
The WebMethod attribute’s EnableSession property enables you to enable session state for a Web method.
24. Write the names of public properties defined in the WebService class.
There are many properties defined in the WebServices class:
Application – Obtains the application object for the current HTTP request
Context – Obtains the HttpContext object for the current request, which encapsulates all HTTP-specific context used by the HTTP server to process Web requests
Server – Obtains the HttpServerUtility object for the current request
Session – Obtains the HttpSessionState object for the current request
SoapVersion – Obtains the version of the SOAP protocol used to make the SOAP request to a Web service
User – Obtains the Server User Object. This property can be used to authenticate whether a user is authorized to execute the request.